Algorithmic Solution Developer 80 – 100 %
SMA und Partner AG Zürich
SMA und Partner AG is an independent consulting and software company for the railway industry. Founded in 1987 in Zurich, SMA und Partner AG now has around 75 employees. Our Viriato software is the leading timetable production system in the railway industry used by over 70 customers worldwide. High-quality product innovations and the integration of Viriato into the complex operating processes of our customers are important elements of our activities. In addition, SMA develops other products for use in real-time traffic management systems that must meet particularly high technological and quality standards.
For our head office in Zurich, we are looking to recruit for the role of:
Algorithmic Solution Developer 80 – 100 % (m/w/d)
- You will develop innovative prototypical algorithmic solutions to identify extensions to our product and formulate requirements to our timetabling tool's algorithmic interfaces
- You will manage the stakeholders' requirements and incorporate them in your solutions
- You will be responsible for making prototypes production-ready by refactoring, maturing, developing, testing and maintaining our algorithms and our algorithmic libraries
- You will shape the optimisation solutions' architecture and influence algorithmic libraries and algorithmic interfaces
- You will formulate requirements to our timetabling tool's algorithmic interfaces and validate that the solutions provided by the software production team meet your requirements
- You will also support our external research partners to work with our algorithmic interfaces
- You have a university degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related)
- You have a strong algorithmic background in Operations Research and are familiar with MIP solvers such as Gurobi, CPLEX or similar, have experience in at least one object-oriented language and are able to develop clean software
- You have strong communication skills, are able to exchange with stakeholders, can express yourself fluently in English and also ideally German, both verbally and in writing.
- You want to have a deep understanding of software development, the SOLID architectural principles, and how to use design patterns for your solutions
- You show a Full Stack mind-set suggesting solutions to the stakeholders' requirements, are curious about novel approaches and enjoy trying out new implementations
Your Benefits at SMA
- Flexible working model (including hours and working from home)
- Excellent employee benefits and contribution to your public transport costs
- Social events, Unihockey team, annual company trip and much more!
Please send your complete application with photo by email to Frau H. Christmann,
We are looking forward to your application!