Internet of Things and FOG computing applications for E-Health (Internship / Master Thesis)
ELCA Informatik AG Lausanne;Zürich
Internet of Things (IoT) is a fast-growing area and its use in the healthcare domain will contribute to improve and maintain people’s health.
As the number of sensors increases, the quantity of generated data is growing even faster, and that data must be correlated and analysed to put it to use. FOG computing provides a basis to devise solutions that collect the generated data in real-time and to make them available for users without a data-science background.
This internship aims to define a specific use case and to create a proof of concept using a FOG computing environment and IoT toolset.
The intern will be supported by ELCA domain and technology experts. The internship’s tasks include:
- Define a use-case together with our team
- Evaluate the IoT toolsets used to collect the data to process
- Design a solution; this includes addressing open challenges like acquisition, correlation of data and interpretation in real-time
- Implement a proof of concept to visualise the data using a graphical frontend
- Software engineering incl. moderate programming skills.
- Interest in IoT technologies and real-time data analysis, and conceptual work based on it.
- Openness regarding technologies as the realization stack has to be defined in the design phase.
Diploma Thesis / Internship in Lausanne or Zurich. Join our team as intern and you will find a young, dynamic and culturally diverse working environment.If you are INTERESTED in applying for this position, please send us your complete application (CV, cover letter, letter of reference, diplomas and certificates).