IT System Engineer Linux
Bank J. Safra Sarasin AG Basel
Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investment advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin’s most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group’s clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide
IT System Engineer Linux
Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the operational maintenance of the modern Unix/Linux IT infrastructure (incl. ESX environment) and ensure efficient and stable operation. You will be responsible for the further development and optimization of existing infrastructures including automation (patch management, rollout of new systems).
- Operation and maintenance of the central banking and other Linux systems as well as their basic infrastructure, including ensuring compliance with audit and security regulations.
- Providing second level support within the scope of the existing support organization and responsibility including stand-by service
- Responsible for system engineering of our UNIX and Linux systems with focus on automation and configuration management
- Development and deployment of the OpenShift infrastructure
- Solution design and participation in projects
- Sound education (FH, University or HF) in the field of computer science
- Very good expertise in the area of Unix/Linux systems in the enterprise environment, experience with virtual environments advantageous
- experience with RedHat Open Shift, Docker, Kubernetes are desirable
- Knowledge of automation and configuration management systems
- Very independent and precise working method as well as quick and responsible action in case of problems and interruptions
- Team player, ability to work with different stakeholders
- Good written and spoken German and English